Contract Type-Full time
Salary : Negotiable
Closing Date: 20/06/2021
We are looking for an Accountant with particular focus on Accounts payable and tax experience to provide support to the financial department by managing the accounts payable and other daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles with a good working knowledge of OHADA and IFRS and should possess a strong knowledge of tax law and statutory regulations. They should be able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition. This way it can make the right decisions and accomplish long term success.
Objectives of this Role
- Support the company in optimizing our financial transactions and systems.
- Strengthen and grow relationships with vendors and suppliers through timely payment.
- Assist in streamlining and improving the accounts payable process.
- Comply with group and local financial requirements.
- Ensure a good relationship with tax and other relevant statutory authorities is maintained.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded accurately and on time.
- Liaising with the tax office when required
- Monthly Tax computation and filing
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines.
- Review invoices for appropriate documentation prior to payment
- Perform invoice and general ledger data entry.
- Execute bank account reconciliation.
- Generate purchase orders as necessary.
- Assist senior accountant as needed.
- 3 – 5 years working experience
- Proven experience as an accountant
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices – OHADA and IFRS
- Possess strong knowledge of tax law and statutory regulations
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software – SAP experience will be an advantage.
- BSc in accounting, finance or relevant field. (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is a plus but not required.
NB: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Caractéristiques de l'emploi