Chief Risk Officer (CRO)
Job Title: Chief Risk Officer (CRO)
Reporting to: MD/CEO
Company: Bank & Finance
Contract : Permanent Contract
Location : Douala, Cameroun
Closing date: September 11th 2022
We are looking for a Chief Risk Officer for one of our clients.
The Chief Risk Officer oversees the monitoring and coordination the overall risk management in the bank.
The Chief Risk Officer will be responsible to:
– Establish Risk Management frameworks in compliance with international risk management standards and principles
– Ensure the company’s risk profile is aligned to the return/profitability aspirations of the business
– Articulate overall Risk Management policy and strategy at the enterprise level and for individual risk areas
– Communicate Risk Management policies and strategies to operating entities
– Establish infrastructure, systems, and processes for identifying, managing, controlling, and reporting risks across the business
– Oversee implementation of credit strategies/policies aligned to the bank’s overall risk acceptance criteria across supervised countries
– Establish an appropriate framework for the management of the credit portfolio to ensure that the bank’s exposure to credit loss is maintained at minimum levels
– Monitor/review/analyze to ensure compliance with management’s guidelines on global credit position vis-à-vis various market segments in each country, raise issues and make appropriate recommendations
– Authorize/approve facility applications as required after obtaining requisite approval authority when required
– Establish an appropriate credit administration framework to ensure proper administration of credit exposures and creation of credit risks to minimize the risk of loss.
– Ensure consistent collateral cover to secure the bank’s position
– Devise strategies for ensuring credit portfolio is maintained
– Establish responsive framework and strategies to ensure timely identification and management of credit delinquencies.
– Define risk acceptance criteria and risk tolerance limits for each risk area
– Oversee Risk Management functions across all entities
– Provides visionary leadership and direction for the company and guides their activities to ensure the achievement of their current to medium-term strategies
– Development of strategies for identifying critical business processes.
– Determination of the impact of interruption in critical business processes and outsourcing on the Bank’s business.
– Analysis, design, and development of recovery strategy for a critical business function.
– Identification of potential short-term, medium-term, and long-term continuity/recovery strategies for critical business processes.
The Candidate must have:
Minimum Experience: Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in risk management within the Financial Services Industry, of which at least 8 must have been in the Banking Sector and 5 years must have been at a management level. Experience from an internal audit firm is an advantage.
Recognized professional certification such as CFA, CIS, ACCA, ACA, CFP, IT Certifications, etc is an added advantage.
Formal Training: Banking Law/Regulations
Minimum Education: A good first degree in any discipline. A relevant Masters’ degree will be an advantage Knowledge and understanding of banking operations (international & domestic)
Strategic orientation, creativity & innovation
Good policy development and management capabilities
Finance and Accounting
Banking Industry Knowledge
Financial Industry Knowledge
Knowledge and understanding of Financial Regulations (Domestic & International)
Knowledge and understanding of Risk Management and Financial Standards (Domestic & International)
Integrity and Discretion Leadership, coaching & influencing
Initiative/Entrepreneurship/ taking ownership
Team building/conflict management
Organization & Coordination
General managerial /administration
NB: Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
How to apply: Send CVs to the application link or firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ” Chief Risk Officer”.
|Job Category||Accounting, Administration, business and management, Business continuity specialist|