Procurement Officer-Kribi Cameroon
Posted 1 year ago
Job Title : Procurement Officer
Location : Douala Cameroon
Closing date : 31/03/2022
Sector : Port
Salary : Negotiable
We are looking for a self-motivated and results-driven procurement manager who understands and has experience in placing orders for goods.
The procurement manager works and leads the operational teams of buyers to facilitate the various stages of the purchasing process.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1.Preparation of purchasing processes.
- Carry out occasional market studies on certain product families.
- Set up and update supplier and product databases.
- Identify supplier risks.
- Formalize the minutes of meetings between the purchasing teams.
- Assist in the drafting of specifications in conjunction with the purchasing teams.
- Ensure a permanent monitoring role for the purchasing teams.
2. Supplier monitoring
- Monitor certain suppliers on a daily basis in order to provide them with permanent operational support and to quickly identify the need for action or reaction on the part of the company: quality incidents, supply incidents.
- Continuously update the supplier database with new market data.
- Identify purchasing forums, marketplaces and potential supplier risks.
3. Administrative management of purchases.
- Directly manage investments for product or service families that are not strategic for the company and do not require complex consultations.
- Follow up on behalf of the department’s buyers and provide administrative support during the processing of calls for tender (proofreading calls for tender drafted by the buyers).
- Participate in negotiations with the buyers when the digital presence (power relationship) is desired, or to provide technical support on a specific subject (market research done beforehand).
- Monitor and calculate for the buyers the necessary purchase volumes, according to the evolution of the stock levels.
- Manage purchase orders.
- Business degree in Logistics
- Atleast 5 years working experience
- Good knowledge of different business functions.
- Understands and has experience in port company
- Ability to motivate, lead people, and hold employees accountable
- Excellent communication skills and must be bilingual
- Strong work ethic.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Superior knowledge of business functions, exceptional budgeting, and finance skills, and strong leadership qualities.
- Proactive nature.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted