SITE LEAD NURSE AT SSM8-BERTOUA
About the Position:
Intel HRC seeks to hire for a PEPFAR Implementing Partner in Cameroon, a Site Lead
Nurse for an HIV military-based funded project. The position will be based at the military
health center Bertoua (SSM8).
This is a full-time consultant position. The Site Nurse will work under direct supervision of the Project Regional Technical Advisor and provide direct service delivery to clients in military health facilities and neighborhoods (when necessary, as part of community services).
The Site Lead Nurse will be responsible for the management of project activities at the site level. He/she will ensure that daily activities are provided in a client-centered manner and that all protocols are followed. He/she will ensure documentation of all client information, ensuring that the data is complete. He/she will ensure quality testing, linkage, and retention services. He/she will also support the staff in tracing defaulters in order to meet the 95-95-95 UNAIDS goals and work closely with military service providers to reinforce direct service
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Conduct day-to-day facility-based testing, linkage and retention to care while ensuring that they align with the milestones, objectives, strategies, and activities defined by the PEPFAR program.
● Organize and ensure successful tracing of defaulter clients, before they become lostto-follow up.
● Conduct advanced HIV testing centered on contact persons of index cases.
● Provide support to families, partner notification and testing, as well as linkage and retention to care through defined strategies.
● Elaborate daily, weekly, and monthly statistics and submit to the Regional Technical Advisor for reporting purposes.
● Ensure appropriate handling of project documentation and tools, working materials and data, and weekly inventory of consumables and supplies and communicate with the supervisors for replenishment as necessary to avoid interruption of service delivery.
● Align and observe rules and disciplines as required by the military health service.
● Align and observe rules and disciplines as required by Implementing Partner.
● Carry out other duties as assigned by the Regional Technical Advisor, Project Technical Manager, Deputy Project Technical Manager
● Nursing degree with at least 3 years’ experience in direct provision of health services to people living with HIV.
● Clinic-based oriented and comfortable with a team approach to program implementation.
● Ability to manage several major activities simultaneously.
● Ability to build strong working relationships with local communities.
● Knowledge of and practical experience in health-related interventions and with
clinical ethical requirements.
● Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
● Experience implementing community related interventions for projects funded by USAID, PEPFAR, or Global Funds for the fight against HIV/ Malaria/ TB.
- Supervisory responsibilities: Candidate will supervise health facility-based HIV service provision.
- Travel: In-country travel might be required.
- Salary and benefits: Salary and benefits are set within an approved program budget
- Effective start date: October 11th, 2021.
- Duration of Contracts: Indeterminate, subject to performance and availability of funding.
- Posting date: October 06th, 2021 closing date: October 8th, 2021